Frozen “inspired” Clip Board
In our house we have a child who is more than slightly obsessed with the movie Frozen. I mean which child isn’t obsessed with that movie, after saying that what parent isn’t tired of watching, hearing, and seeing Frozen. I swear I have watched it hundreds of times. HUNDREDS!!!
With that being said, Frozen stuff is all our daughter has asked to get for Christmas. Frozen dolls, blankets, towels, pillows, stickers, dresses, and the list goes on and on. SO MUCH FROZEN!!
We have gotten some of the items that she asked for, but Mama got a little creative with this one. Frozen stuff is expensive and hard to get your hands on. So I came up with my own plan. I made her a dress, some Frozen hair clips, a Frozen “inspired” Hair Clippie board, and Frozen “inspired” letters for her room.
For the purpose of this post I will focus only on the Frozen “inspired” hair clippie board. We need a place to put all the Frozen hair clips and bows. Here is how I made it.
- Canvas (size of your choice, I use 11 x 14)
- 1 inch wide ribbons (Frozen print of your choice)
- Glitter paint
- Staple gun
- Paint your canvas with the glitter paint and allow it to dry
- While the canvas is drying, cut your ribbons into 4 strips about 17 inchs long (this will vary depending on the size of your canvas). Burn the edges of the ribbons with a lighter so that they will not fray.
- Once the canvas is dry, place the ribbon on it in the places where you would like it to be. Then flip it over, while trying to hold the ribbons in the spot where you want them.
- Once the canvas is upside down, staple the ribbons to the wood. You should have four staples on each side, when you staple the ribbon on leave it a tiny bit loose, so that you can stick the clips on.
- After the ribbon is stapled on, flip the board back over. In order to hang the board you can either attach a ribbon to the top to hang it or use picture hanging hooks, the wood part can rest on them.
- If you are feeling fancy, you can add 4 pieces of ribbon to the bottom, to hang headbands on. I use 1 inch wide ribbon cut into 4 strips that were about 6 inchs long. I stapled each on to the back of the board, so they would hang down.
- To finish my board on put on blue and white snowflakes and wrote the childs name on top. This step is completely optional.