Below I have shared some of my favorite homemade ornaments
- Plastic ornament balls
- Fine glitter
- Floor cleaner ( I used vim floor cleaner)
- Plastic cup
- Take the top of the ornament.
- Put some of the floor cleaner in the ball ornament. DO NOT SHAKE the ornament; instead just turn the ball around and around until it is evenly coated with the cleaner.
- Turn the ball upside down and sit it on the cup. This will allow all the extra cleaner to run out.
- After a little while, I waited about 20 minutes, dump the glitter into the ornament. Again don’t shake it, turn it around and around until the glitter coats the ornament.
- Put the cover back on. Hang on tree!
We always give the grandparents an ornament with pictures of our kids in it. They love them. I use a plastic ball ornament. To make a picture ornament I chose a picture that I like and print it off. I trace the outside of the ornament to get an idea of the size that the picture needs to be. Then I cut the picture to that size. To get the picture into the ornament I roll it up and push it in the top of the ornament. Once in the ornament, I use a pencil to straighten out the picture. I have on occasion added extras to the ornament, such as fake snow.
To make my sports ornament, I make a picture ornament. But I add some sports beads to the ball. They are super cute.
Another ornament that I make is made with Crayon and plastic ornaments. I shred the crayons as fine as my grater will do it. Then dump the shavings into the ornament. Once the shavings are in the ornament, take a hair dryer and hold it next to the ornament. This will melt the crayon on the inside. Word of Caution, use an oven mitt, it gets hot.
To make this ornament I chose paint colors that I liked, chose as many colors as you like. Then I poured a little bit of each paint color into the ornament. Then I put the cover back on and turned the ornament around, until the whole thing was painted.