One of my very favourite things to do is to find DIY products that other people have made. I am always looking for something new and interesting that I can make for myself and family to try. One of the many products that I have come across is called “DIY All purpose healing salve”, from the website onegoodthingbyjillee.com. When I first seen this and read about it, I thought it would be a great product to try for all the various skin issues in our family. I was pumped to make it.
I had to make mine differently because of the materials that I had on hand, they were not what was called for. What I made is pretty fantastic stuff; it works well, smells great, and leaves your skin feeling good. I did find it to be a bit oily, but once it absorbed into the skin it was great. Below is how I made my version, please check out the original version at onegoodthingbyjillee.com.
- 1 cup organic Coconut oil
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp Organic beeswax
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 8 drops lemon essential oil
- 6 drops tea tree oil
What you will need:
- Sauce pan
- Large Mason jar
- Small containers to store it in (I used baby food jars)
- Measuring spoons/cups
- To start measure out the coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, and beeswax. Add these 3 ingredients to the mason jar.
- The next step is to put water in the saucepan and put it on the stove on medium heat. Then add the mason jar to the water and allow everything in the mason jar to melt, stirring it occasionally. Once it is melted, remove it from the heat.
4. Once it is cooled it is ready to use. Enjoy!